Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Senior Project Reflection

(1) Positive Statement
What are you most proud of in your 2-Hour Presentation and/or your senior project? Why?

I believe that the preparation I put into my final presentation allowed me to have a very successful 2-hour. I spent hours refining my powerpoint and my activities and practiced my presentation all the way through four times prior. I believe that I really took it upon myself to make this one of the best presentations I have ever done at iPoly; the presentation where I could showcase all of the skills I learned throughout my four years here. I got many compliments and accommodations from my peers which told me that I did my best, and I am extremely happy with the conclusion of my presentations at iPoly. 

(2) Questions to Consider

a.     What assessment would you give yourself on your 2-Hour Presentation (self-assessment)?

AE

b.     What assessment would you give yourself on your overall senior project (self-assessment)?

AE

(3) What worked for you in your senior project?
My mentorship really worked for me. I was able to get real hands-on and real world experience in my topic which solidified the importance of STEM education to me. My mentorship provided me with an outlet to test out my answers, and relay all of my research into real life. 

(4) (What didn't work) If you had a time machine, what would have you done differently to improve your senior project if you could go back in time?
If I had a time machine, I would go back and choose to pursue teaching as a senior topic from the beginning. I started off with many problems with my senior project, and didn't find a stable project until halfway through the year. With that being said, I really only found my current topic because I started off pursuing engineering. The chances are, if I had started my project originally with teaching, I wouldn't have fallen into STEM; which is something I find that I truly enjoy and see the importance of. So, in the end, even though I experienced a few stressful months and had to start my project over halfway through, I wouldn't have had it any other way. 

(5) Finding Value
How has the senior project been helpful to you in your future endeavors?   Be specific and use examples. 

As I mentioned previously, I started my project pursuing engineering. I chose to pursue a topic in Engineering because I believed I wanted to pursue a career in it, and the senior project could provide me with a strong knowledge-base and provide me with connections that could have helped me, should I have chosen that path. Because of this experience, due to interviews I conducted and research I found, I found out that I did not wish to pursue engineering as a career after all; it wasn't for me. Without this experience, I most likely would have gone to college wishing to pursue a degree in engineering, and would have found out later on that it wasn't for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment